Re: [OM] OM List Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] OM List Gallery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 22:56:31 -0800
On 1/7/2013 7:17 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>>    Haven't tried the others in such a rural situation.
> Just for fun I tried mine here at home. It tries to route me through
> gated logging roads and long overgrown "roads" in it's seductive Aussie
> accent.

But - that may be useful. In central Maine, the woods are full of logging
roads, really well graded and maintained dirt
roads that provide access to all sorts of pretty places.

All but the last two of the images of this beautiful area were taken on logging
roads West of Moosehead Lake.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/Maine/EastOutlet>

The second and eighth images show one of the roads. Roads will occasionally be
closed for logging or maintenance, but
the majority are open most of the time. Although our prior Magellan had many of
them, we still carry a paper Maine
Atlas. Google Maps on the web looks to have the major ones, but not all.

Wanderin' Moose