[OM] Re Well, that was an unexpected surprise

Subject: [OM] Re Well, that was an unexpected surprise
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 03:58:14 +1300
Paul Braun wrote

> Just bought LR from Amazon, went the digital download route.
>
> Kinda wish they would give you some warning that clicking on "continue
> with purchase" didn't mean "we'll double-check your info and give you a
> payment option" but instead meant "yeah, we're just going to go right
> ahead as soon as you touch that button and just do the one-click thing
> where we hit your checking account for $120 right freaking now, thank you
> very much...."

Surely, if you really did not want to go along with the purchase you could call
Amazon and get them to reverse the transaction.

If they declined, call your bank and get them to block / reverse it.

I had a similar situation with e NY company selling beauty products
(Bellaplex or something similar). My partner had me doing the purchases on
my CC.
I phoned them and they reversed it straight away..
I was most favourably impressed.
The reversal showed on my Mastercard statement.

Brian Swale