Re: [OM] Re Well, that was an unexpected surprise

Subject: Re: [OM] Re Well, that was an unexpected surprise
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 09:02:48 -0600
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul Braun wrote
> >
> > Just bought LR from Amazon, went the digital download route.
> >
> > Kinda wish they would give you some warning that clicking on "continue
> > with purchase" didn't mean "we'll double-check your info and give you a
> > payment option" but instead meant "yeah, we're just going to go right
> > ahead as soon as you touch that button and just do the one-click thing
> > where we hit your checking account for $120 right freaking now, thank you
> > very much...."
>
> Surely, if you really did not want to go along with the purchase you could
> call
> Amazon and get them to reverse the transaction.
>
> If they declined, call your bank and get them to block / reverse it.
>
> I had a similar situation with e NY company selling beauty products
> (Bellaplex or something similar). My partner had me doing the purchases on
> my CC.
> I phoned them and they reversed it straight away..
> I was most favourably impressed.
> The reversal showed on my Mastercard statement.

I probably could have done that.  But I was planning on buying it anyway,
so we just rearranged a budget item or two.  The plan was to use the card
that earns points and then pay it off at the end of the month... but it's
done.  We'll live.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard