Re: [OM] E-M5 lens plan [was Major Oly rebates]

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 lens plan [was Major Oly rebates]
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 14:12:56 -0500
We lived in Arak, Iran, on the central plateau between Tehran and Isfahan
for two years while my husband built an aluminum plant for Reynolds
Aluminum, now IRALCO.  We were there until the Shah left and then we moved
to Venezuela.  The Iranian aluminum company wanted us to come back a few
years later, but we made a brief trip and decided too much had changed and
it would not be a good idea.  I'd love to go back for a visit now.  We
loved it at the time.  I have many photos from there, too, and had a
darkroom in the Farsi bathroom  ;-)

Tina

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tina
>
> I lived in Teheran from 1967 to 1969/70, in Tajrish in the foothills of
> the Alborze Mountains.  But I was only a schoolboy, living at boarding
> school in England and in Iran for the school holidays.  We really liked the
> place, although it was probably a pretty repressive place under the Shah
> and his secret police.
>
> Where were you and what were you doing?
>
> Chris
> On 9 Jan 2013, at 17:37, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I lived in Iran 40 years ago.  Where were you?
> >
> > Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com