Re: [OM] Adobe CS2 downloads

Subject: Re: [OM] Adobe CS2 downloads
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 16:30:14 -0600
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> I tend to believe Ken's surmise that the plan is hook-em now and hope
> they buy into the products in the future.  Cost... essentially nothing
> for software that's no longer being maintained... except for the !$%$#
> activation software which still must remain running forever.  While
> there might have been a technical glitch with the activation software I
> rather doubt that Adobe couldn't fix it... rather they chose not to.
> Maybe they just didn't want to maintain the old activation software.
> Who knows?  But what they did know is that that link and those serial
> numbers would spread across the web like wildfire... just like they
> planned it.  :-)
>
> Chuck Norcutt

IIRC, CS2 was the last version that did not require a phone call to Mom
Adobe for activation.  You just enter the serial number, and when it asked
if you wanted to register with the company, you just politely say, "No,
thank you" and go about your merry way.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard