Re: [OM] TOPE Gallery Open Issues 01-10-13

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE Gallery Open Issues 01-10-13
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:43:47 -0600
> 1.  I have no problem with limiting full-size viewing to Registered Users
> Only.  If I want to use full access to an image, I can use the LUG gallery.

An individual user can create a sub gallery and set the right to it
that are more permiscious than the site default. Actually, you can
override the default for any given image. This ability to have the
registered users this much control, overriding the site defaults,
gives me pause, but I figure you all are big kids now.

> 2.  I have used a 900 vertical limit for some time, and it seems to be a
> good compromise.  It may require a little scrolling, but that is no real
> problem for most folks.

If a person is really anal about it, they can always just upload a
smaller version and call it a day.

> 3.  I have explored the possibility of adding an image to the TOPE gallery,
> and I can't find the "replicate function".  Enlighten me.

Display your image in a normal view (with your gallery thumbs to the
right side). Open sidebar. Select "Create Replica". A page appears
that allows you to replicate one or more of your images. Down below
you get to choose the destination album. Easy as 30 digits of Pi.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx