Re: [OM] New to TOPE Galleries

Subject: Re: [OM] New to TOPE Galleries
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:09:06 -0500
I see some units confusion and monitor size confusion here.  First, just
because you have a 27" monitor doesn't necessarily mean you can look at
things that are really large.  If you paid $700-1000 for your 27"
monitor it probably has 2560x1440 pixels.  If you paid substantially
less than that no matter how big it is in inches it likely has only
1920x1080 pixels.  The reason is that 1920x1080 is the size of a
standard HDTV image.  Those screens are made by the bajillions and are
relatively inexpensive.  But HDTV is 1920x1080 whether the screen size
is 20" diagonal or 50" diagonal.  Very large and very expensive sets
might possibly be what's called UHDTV (Ultra high definition TV) but
that's unlikely.

The units confusion is in the use of ppi (pixels per inch) when what is
meant is simply the pixel count... 1600 pixels, not 1600 pixels per inch.

Chuck Norcutt