[OM] Gallery participation and launch schedule.

Subject: [OM] Gallery participation and launch schedule.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:14:41 -0600
Thank you, everybody. It's nice to see a decent level of participation
so far in the new gallery system. We're up to around 30 people. I
figure that there are a few of you waiting for the dust to settle.
After this coming weekend, I hope things are buttoned up to the point
where we can officially launch our first TOPE event. After this
weekend the image heights will be locked in for the default settings.
(It is still possible for you to customize your own settings in your
own album, but uniformity does have advantages).

The "Trial and Error" TOPE is just an experimental one--a playground.
As soon as we have a title/subject officially selected for TOPE 1, I
will remove the "Trial and Error" one and the contents will be
automatically whacked. The whacking of the contents only affects that
gallery, though, and won't reach back through to your own personal
ones.

As self-proclaimed emperor of the gallery, I hereby declare that
images from ANY camera is welcome. This is a gallery for this list and
this list is comprised of an eclectic community of eclectic people
shooting eclectic things. If anybody has an issue with that, I would
suggest that the "MyOlympus" list and events might be more to your
liking. :)

I do request one thing, though. Please try to keep it somewhere
between "PG-13" and "R". I really don't want to run into any issues
with getting my sites blocked, shutdown or my going to jail. There are
other galleries with looser restrictions with servers not located in
Texas. We're not prudes, but I do want to keep things legal for where
the hosting service resides and I want to stay on Google's good side.

Ceaser Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx