Re: [OM] TOPE Gallery Open Issues 01-10-13

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE Gallery Open Issues 01-10-13
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:44:55 -0800
Oops, I see I didn't read, or incompetently skimmed, a post of yours about the
impact of various limitations of the server.

I don't know what the answer is, except maybe no thumbs on the member's gallery
list page. Does seeing the same guy in
Civil War uniform each time make it easier to recognize Chuck's page? If I
become dependent on the images, do I get lost
when someone(s) change their image?

But I don't think I'm that different from most people. If it takes lots of
clicks, lots of pages to load, people will
just tend to use it less, whether they say so or not.

I know from direct experience with the same set-up that I will hesitate to
browse the gallery. Direct links from a list
post, sure.

In one of my jobs, I was involved in survey research. What people say and what
they do are not all that closely
connected. "Oh yeah, it's great!", but they don't buy/use it.