Re: [OM] TOPE Gallery Open Issues 01-10-13

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE Gallery Open Issues 01-10-13
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:59:50 -0600
> The LUG gallery provides 12 thumbnails per page.

The 12 thumbnails per page configuration of LUG is a possibility, but
I found that it wasn't always iPad friendly. I think I've got two rows
of four columns with 275 pixels long-side. So a vertical image will
change the overall screen height experience. If we go to a third row,
it pretty well forces a screen scroll for every page. Two rows, if
they are horizontal won't force a scroll.

> The LUG gallery does not keep galleries on a specific page, but moves each
> to page 1 when it is updated.  This keeps the busiest galleries up front,
> which is sometimes helpful.

Yes. I have them sorted by create date right now. That order change is
an easy do. In fact, just out of orneriness, I did just change the
members gallery to popularity. Funny how that AG Schnozz guy is at the
head of the pack.

Also, I removed most of the information on the members album list page
so it shows "name" and "new" only.

As to finding things, well, there is the "search" function. Just as an
exercise, I typed in "moose" and it too me strait to Alpha Centauri.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx