[OM] Thanks!! [was Seattle Part I]

Subject: [OM] Thanks!! [was Seattle Part I]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 22:21:15 -0800
Time to thank all who commented. I'm so pleased that so many listees liked them
so much!

Replies to specific comments:

On 1/7/2013 12:36 AM, iwert bernakiewicz wrote:
> Moose,
>
> I really like these. The last one is intriguing, as are a lot of others.
> The Brass lift could use some perspective correction to align it with
> the other images:)

Hmmm, I though I had it straight. It seems my chain may being pulled, but am
too dense to get it.

> I'd love to come and see Seattle with you. Do you know there is a
> very active urban sketching group there?

I don't live there. So it would have to be a coordinated trip. Peter is our
resident denizen of the rainy Seattle Metro.
We didn't manage to cross paths, as he was working during the only short window
I had outside of family visit Christmas
activities.

On 1/7/2013 2:13 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks for that display, Moose.
>
> I must say that I prefer your precision with such abstract and architectural
> views than what looks like similar treatment of some landscapes, as we have
> discussed in the past, albeit briefly.
>
> I like the subject matter, the fact that you have accepted some duller tones
> where appropriate and the composition that has resulted from your selections.

I appreciate your comments. I like to think I've backed off a little on my
processing of at least some natural subjects.
And some others here seem to have upped their processing game, even near and
into obvious HDR. So I was hoping I
wouldn't stick out so much. :-)

Kind of surprising to that I got such great response to urban images, as cities
are not my preferred place to walk
around. I do like strong, generally simple, often somewhat abstract,
compositions of form, texture, colour, etc.

I'm afraid you will have to suffer more out in the woods images, too. ;-)

On 1/7/2013 7:12 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
> Some very arresting images, Moose, thanks - Seattle looks to be a very
> enticing place to visit.
>
> As to your mystery images - the second is clearly curtain walling on a
> multi-storey building with a stepped (zig-zag) footprint.

Congrats, you got the easy one.

> The first is a close-up of the paint (epoxy?) finish of a floor - the white
> area being
> slightly elevated compared to the brown. The painter was a bit careless, as
> he left a bristle behind.

Nice try!
> Or...

The font of (presumably?) Holy Water inside the unusual, very modern, chapel on
the U of Seattle (Jesuit) campus. Of
maybe a baptismal font? I have little knowledge of such things, but it's sort
of like a large birdbath.

Light from an overcast/drizzly day through frosted glass reflected off the very
slightly disturbed surface. I blacked
out the font itself and messed with the water a bit. :-)

The cast glass and the doors with oval windows below are the same building.
More images of that building and the campus
to come. Some people with very good eyes for shapes, spacial relationships, and
so on were involved with laying out the
campus. Attractive relationships between elements, unexpected spaces opening
up, and other felicitous features are common.

Basking Moose