[OM] : Re: TOPE2 -totally off topic - now coffee

Subject: [OM] : Re: TOPE2 -totally off topic - now coffee
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 01:21:22 +1300
Jim wrote

> It may be instant, but it's not coffee! In the words of my friend
> Antonio - "Acqua fangosa"
>
> You can get a decent espresso machine for far less than an OM-D. In fact
> you can get a decent machine AND a decent roaster for far less. If economy
> is the issue, well water is a lot cheaper, and better for you. But who
> wants to live that way?
>
> Jim
I'm absolutely not prepared to spend that kind of money for a coffee
machine, especially when the result is so questionable and uncertain.
Out of curiosity I might go looking to see what "home expresso ' machines
are available locally.  I don't remember seeing one ever. Probably because I
didn't want to see one.

A filter machine maybe, but even they cost too much to run IMO

If I want a coffee that tastes nice, Moccona is fine by me.

Brian Swale