Re: [OM] : Re: TOPE2 -totally off topic - now coffee

Subject: Re: [OM] : Re: TOPE2 -totally off topic - now coffee
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:27:15 -0600
> I'm absolutely not prepared to spend that kind of money for a coffee
> machine, especially when the result is so questionable and uncertain.
> Out of curiosity I might go looking to see what "home expresso ' machines
> are available locally.  I don't remember seeing one ever. Probably because I
> didn't want to see one.

I really wouldn't recommend an espresso maker that uses the boiler
method. I know that you would give up in major frustration right away.

> A filter machine maybe, but even they cost too much to run IMO

I would recommend the AeroPress. They retail for about $30 USD, but
you can find them for as low as $20 USD. It's a passive device and
requires that you have the hot water from another source. But
man-o-man, does it make a killer cup of coffee. Just by altering the
amount of grounds, the steep time, extraction pressure and water
temperature, you can fine tune to your heart's desire.

I mean, like Dude, seriously, buy one of those before anything else.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx