Re: [OM] IMG: Favorite January Spot

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Favorite January Spot
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:19:22 +0100
Le 16 janv. 13 à 23:10, Chris Barker a écrit :

> Sorry, Philippe, I misunderstood.  It is a locking handle.  You lift
> it (turning it clockwise) to unlock the right-hand door; the left-
> hand door opens second.  The only flaw in the design is that the
> left-hand door has no handle: to open it you need an implement of
> some sort.  But the handle for operating the riddling mechanism, or
> one of the irons on the left of the fire, is quite adequate.

Thanks Chris, it makes sense now - but still looks dangerous if the
left hand door has no handle and you want to open it to insert the
logs ... the general look is VERY attractive though; gemütlisch
doesn't translate well.

Philippe still trying to figure out how to improve the comfort at
ALice's place.

> Chris
>
> On 16 Jan 2013, at 19:30, "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> the problem is any is not heat, it is that it looks that the handle
>> acts as a lock :-)
>>
>> ph
>>

>> Le 16 janv. 13 à 20:18, Chris Barker a écrit :
>>
>>> Jim, Philippe, it's a composite material of some sort and is never
>>> more than comfortably warm.  The door and glass are of course very
>>> hot, but opening the doors is not a problem.
>>>
>>> Chris

> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.