Re: [OM] speed limits, was My first photo of 2013 - Redneck Santa

Subject: Re: [OM] speed limits, was My first photo of 2013 - Redneck Santa
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:54:31 +1100
I the UK speed cameras have everything but flashing lights - you'd have to be
half asleep to miss them. And lots aren't loaded!
The standard speed on the motorways seems to be about 80mph for those who can
do it - more for Audi drivers.
Makes for a quick cruise up the M40 which seems to lack speed cameras
altogether.
I tend to drive at around that on the motorways and 150kph on the French
autoroutes and never had a ticket.
But I suspect that lane discipline is far better in the UK and Europe than in
the US and Australia.
It keeps things flowing nicely.
Andrew Fildes (400kph in a Veyron? Try 200kph in a clapped out 1.4L Astra!)
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813