[OM] Second oldest building in Fort Wayne

Subject: [OM] Second oldest building in Fort Wayne
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 05:25:44 -0500
http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1589

Another from my archives. I shot this in 2001. I'm still going through the
enormous amount of film I've shot and scanning stuff I never got done in the
past. If I live to be 150, I may finally get it all done!

This church was built in 1851; it is the second oldest building in Allen
County and in the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana. Interestingly, the oldest
building, a house that belonged to Miami Indian Chief Jean-Baptiste de
Richardville (yes, that was the Indian chief's name!) that was built in the
1820s, is about 800 feet away from the church! Neither building is in Fort
Wayne's historic downtown; they were built in the middle of nowhere several
miles southwest of the city. It took the city more than a century to grow
enough to swallow up the land these buildings sit on. The area was annexed
to the city in 1957. Fort Wayne was founded in 1794.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook