Re: [OM] Coffee Espresso Machine (long list ... )

Subject: Re: [OM] Coffee Espresso Machine (long list ... )
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 03:09:43 +1300
Andrew wrote

> The question is - how many of those are nutrients and thus 'food'? I
> suspect that most are as flavours, colours and preservatives.
>
> On 20/01/2013, at 12:29 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
>
> > Inorganic food items.
> >
> > Here is a list of inorganic food items taken from the listed ingredients
> > of a soluble drink powder named "Ensure", made in Spain, and widely used
> > here as a diet supplement / meal replacement for people who have little
> > or no appetite.
> >
> > Sodium citrate
> > Potassium citrate
> > Tricalcium phosphate
> > Magnesium chloride
> > Potassium chloride
> > Dipotassium phosphate
> > Zinc sulphate
> > Ferrous sulphate
> > Manganese sulphate
> > Cupric sulphate
> > Sodium molybdate
> > Potassium iodide
> > Chromium chloride
> > Sodium selenate
> > Calcium carbonate
> >
> > Brian Swale
__________________

Here's the full list of ingredients (long) decide for us please  ..... <.G >
( I must be a tiger for punishment - like an argument - have too much time
on my hands - or all of those )

Hydrolysed corn starch
Sucrose
VEGETABLE OILS
( High oleic Sunflower oil
Soy oil
Canola oil )
Calcium and Sodium caseinates
MINERALS
( Sodium citrate
Potassium citrate
Tricalcium phosphate
Magnesium chloride
Potassium chloride
Dipotassium phosphate
Zinc sulphate
Ferrous sulphate
Manganese sulphate
Cupric sulphate
Sodium molybdate
Potassium iodide
Chromium chloride
Sodium selenate
may contain Calcium carbonate )

Soy protein isolate
Inulin
Fructo-Oligocsaccharides
Milk protein isolate
Aerificial Vanilla flavour
VITAMINS
( Choline chloride
Ascorbic acid
Ascorbyl palmitate
Niacinamide
Mixed togopherols
Calcium pantothenate
dl-Tocopheryl acetate
Pyroxidine hydrochloride
Thiamin hydrochloride
Riboflavin
Vitamin A pelmitate
Folic acid
Neta carotene
Biotin
Phylloquinone
Vitamin D3
Cyanocobalamin

Standard dilutin is 230 grams of powder brought up to 1 litre with water ...

So there's H2O in there as a mineral as well ....

Here endeth the lesson ...

Brian Swale.