Re: [OM] Kodak 3v lithium batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak 3v lithium batteries
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:04:08 -0800
On 1/20/2013 6:50 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I'll second Moose's recommendation of (if not this particular charger) a
> charger which can do each cell individually.  I have two old chargers
> (expensive for their day) which only charge in pairs.  The problem with
> pairs is that, if you have a single cell that's failing, pairing it with
> a good battery can drag the other battery down.  I've never had an
> Eneloop failure but my original set of NiMH batteries was 8 Panasonics
> (but not pre-charge type).  They are all gone now dying out one by one.
>    Trying to figure out which was which with a charger that works only in
> pairs is difficult.

Ah yes. The charger I have shows the charge rate for each cell (three choices).
With good batteries, all I have, so far,
the rates are all the same and all reach an indicated "Full" close to each
other.

It also has functions that discharge and recharge, one cycle, one cycle with
display of estimated capacity and multiple
automatic cycles until capacity stops increasing.

It's been a good thingie, and should be of even more use as batteries start to
age and fail.

Electrified Moose