Re: [OM] The E-M5 has arrived

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-M5 has arrived
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:27:34 -0800
On 1/19/2013 4:14 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> OK, I was expecting to see exactly what's on that page.  I don't get all
> the settings and ISO (when it's shown @$$#*!&^) is over on the left
> about 1/2 way up.  I'm not sure how long it had been setting there
> unseen since it was isolated from the rest.

I wondered what you were ranting about, and finally looked at the manual, pages
30-31. You simply misunderstand the
system. The illustrations show all possible icons, as a reference to what they
mean and which pages of the manual
explain them.

I don't know if it is possible to have all icons active at once, but you would
not want that. Many of them simply
indicate whether a function is activated or not, and perhaps something about
its setting. When the function is not
active, the icon is not visible. As a practical matter, I think this is much
better than having all of them show all the
time, with different looks for on and off. Less cluttered, and less confusing,
for me.

I think the Super Control Panel is indeed Super. It shows at a glance more
settings than I keep track of, and allows
touch access to all of them for setting.

As to the location of the ISO info, sounds more like you are upset at yourself
for not noticing it than that it is an
inherently 'bad' location. I rather like that Focusing mode and ISO are over
there, not surrounded by a lot of other
stuff, as they are what I most often check. If WB were over with them, that
would be even better for me.

I use the same display settings for both viewfinder and screen.

Data Overload Moose