Re: [OM] Confession, and a little confusion [was Panny 20mm/1.7 DOF]

Subject: Re: [OM] Confession, and a little confusion [was Panny 20mm/1.7 DOF]
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:57:24 +0100
If you want to see some example of the banding: <
http://wijsmuller.eu/picture.php?/219/category/10>.

This picture is @ iso 6400, but it was there @ 3200 as well.

It is not always the same in terms of the amount of bands and their form/
width. I've read somewhere on dpreview that the problem would be less
visible in the last picture of a series (suggesting that you should make a
couple of pictures at all times), but I've not done extensive testing.

Mind you, this was not with the current firmware (1.5), which lessened the
problem considerable (but did not solve it). The problem is also mentioned
in the GH3 manual fwiw. But @ 3200 the banding is reduced, in my (limited)
experience.

Best, Frank

2013/1/22 Walters, Martin