Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:28:25 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 1/22/2013 8:25:17 A.M. Central Standard Time,
christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm  going to go down to the local camera shop to see if they have a format
Olympus  unit that I can try to see if it's worth the extra cost.

My guess is that if you need one to function, it might be worth the extra
cost. The two you purchased which didn't work ultimately will have to be
figured into your cost of whatever you buy that does work.  You do know the
OEM part will work.  It will be interesting to see what others have found
with aftermarket suppliers. I always figured there weren't a bunch of plants
in  China making the same relatively inexpensive parts, but rather one or two
who  supplied a bunch of resellers.

I have bought aftermarket caps and hoods for Hasselblad which were  great.
Looked good, fit perfectly and did what I need them to do.   Saved a bunch
of bucks.

Just bought two made in China chargers for my iPhone on eBay.  Total  cost
for the 2 with postage was less than $4.  Fit is pretty weak. Didn't  work
at first. After I applied a good bit of muscle ( not to the phone end)  got
them to work.  Probably wouldn't buy again.

These parts are often a crap shoot.

Bill Barber