[OM] The 15mm f/8 lens cap

Subject: [OM] The 15mm f/8 lens cap
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:59:32 -0500
Speaking of shooting at f/8 with the OM Zuiko 50/1.4 on the E-M5
reminded me that I finally got around to checking out the 15mm f/8 lens
cap.  When you push the focus lever towards infinity, just before you
get there there's a little detent which is described in the lens
brochure as "distance focus" to differentiate it from "infinity focus".
  I think the description is poor and the brochure incomplete because
after examining it and doing a little bit of depth of field calculations
I believe that detent is actually the hyperfocal setting.  I think it
will deliver 2.8 feet to infinity in good focus (or as well as the lens
is capable of delivering).  I haven't tried it yet but it will probably
make a pretty good Kodak Brownie alternative.

Chuck Norcutt