[OM] OM-D -- very belated thoughts

Subject: [OM] OM-D -- very belated thoughts
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:23:52 -0500 (EST)
Macro Moose writes:

MikeG and I did an informal, but fairly careful, test of 12-50 vs. 50/2
OM
Macro lens on one of his orchids. My
conclusion is that they are essentially equal in IQ, at least in the
central
area. The subject didn't lend itself to
edge evaluation.

Yeah, that was fun--had little idea what to expect.  The resolution
looked comparable.  I don't think Oly has provided the MTF  curves of
the macro 43mm setting though they do for the 12-50 in general.  The
OMZ 50/2 has a nice rendering when  used as a "normal" lens.  I recall
walking around Valle de Bravo with it shortly after obtaining it and
admiring its behavior on my 4T as opposed to the Tam 35-105/2.8 at
50mm.   The bokeh is a bit better than the 50/3.5 when used as macro
but can still be a bit edgy at times.

I suspect the Zuiko macro bellows lenses would still be quite nice on
MFT.  I recall CH's  very nice flower series (I think FF, OM 5DII) with
the 80mm:

http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/OMC/80F4/80F4.html

Macro Mike