Re: [OM] IMG: Waiting

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Waiting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:27:06 -0800
On 1/10/2013 3:32 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> PESO:
>
> Just to set the scene.  This is one place we held clinics:

> I'm quitting for the night.
>
> C&C greatly appreciated.

Moose mused belatedly ...

This is a good example of the paradoxes you often present to us.

The composition is a perfect example of your truly exceptional 'eye' for images
of people. The small group lower right
take an ordinary shot and make it special. Even when at a distance, putting
things in perspective, so that the main body
of people have no individual qualities, you include people close enough to
reveal human character, especially in the
interaction of elder to child.

Then you have over processed it. Not a lot, for most of it, but just enough to
lose the feeling of reality. But there
are also strange halos around the trees against the mountains, a sure sign. I
hope that's mist in the mountains,
otherwise, it's an artifact.

Try backing off a little, and let your images and people speak for themselves.
Your best work, like this, doesn't need
any special help at all. :-)

Or go all the way, as in the image "Work Break" you posted some time ago,
making the overcooked quality a part of the
image. With the right images, rather few, that works well.

One Moose's Opinion