Re: [OM] The E-M5 has arrived

Subject: Re: [OM] The E-M5 has arrived
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:36:51 +0100
I'd say the menus bare a strong family resemblance. Apart from the nicer
look and feel, the e-m5 menus still have the old structure, but have added
features, for instance to cover the evf possibilities. New features come,
old rarely leave.

In reviews the complex menus are always coupled with praise of the
extensive options for customization the Olympus camera's give, which makes
me think about the relation between them. I wouldn't like simpler menus if
it meant less options.

But then they could try to make an alternative system more adopted to the
processes of photography. That would probably result in more accessible
customization, but I doubt it can cover all options without loosing
accessibility.

Best, Frank.

PS  I bought the E-30 because it felt better for *my* hands. I think it had
the better IBIS, and I liked its performance there, but I've never
seriously used an E-620. But from what I heard IQ is comparable. The
smaller body is nice too, as I consider that one of the highlights of the
E-M5.

2013/1/23