Re: [OM] IMG: Waiting

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Waiting
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:52:29 -0600
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'm surprised you found that one, Moose!  I posted it late one night and
> > when I saw it the next morning, took it down.  It was way overprocessed.
> > shouldn't work on photos after a glass of wine.  I will look at redoing
> it
> > with your suggestions.
>
> I learned a trick a couple decades ago when it came to setting reverbs
> and compressors in audio production. Adjust it till you can hear it
> then back the settings off by half. It's something that I think has
> served me well with editing photographs too.
>
> That won't fly in today's pop music world.  The key to setting compressors
is to crank it down until you can hear it squashing the signal, then simply
grab the knob and crank it all the rest of the way.   Unless the waveform
shows two states - off and solid black - then you aren't doing it right.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard