Re: [OM] m42 zuiko on Can*n

Subject: Re: [OM] m42 zuiko on Can*n
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:37:43 -0800
On 1/23/2013 12:39 PM, Frank Wijsmuller wrote:
> Thanks Moose. I think I understand the Oly pin very well, there is plenty
> information available.

Ah! Well, I did say I knew nothing about the FTL. :-)   I didn't know they had
added a unique feature. I did say that
M42 was inconsistent.

Looks like cutting a slot in the adapter would be pretty easy with the right
machine tools, or a steady hand wielding a
Dremel. That part of the adapter isn't doing anything but providing a base for
the lens mount. A template could be made
from the FTL body mount and stuck to the adapter for guidance.

But I gotta ask - why? If you want the old Zuiko experience, an early 50/1.8 on
OM=>EOS adapter would do that. (Those
aren't especially good lenses, in the resolution/contrast category.)

I'll admit I went to some effort to try the old CZJ 50/2.8 Tessar on the 5D,
but I was trying to find if a tessar design
had different/better bokeh than the double Gauss of all newer 50 mm lenses.
(BTW, can't be done without fairly serious
surgery to the lens.)

Testing on crop sensor Canons (mirror is smaller, doesn't hit lens.) revealed
nothing special.

Know Nothing Moose