Re: [OM] Extra Income

Subject: Re: [OM] Extra Income
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:27:17 -0700

> CNN has an article on how to raise extra income in these hard economic
> times.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/worklife/05/18/cb.earn.extra.money/index.html

    I see a lot of advertising lately encouraging people to submit their
ideas to a patent brokerage who will help you through the process of filing
a patent application.  It's a great opportunity to get royally ripped off.

    I hold six patents, and I prosecuted all of them myself (pro se).  I did
use a registered patent attorney in the process who taught me how to
properly write claims.  Thanks to him, all six patents went through with
just minor corrections, and they cost me far less than what most people end
up shelling out.  Best of all, I did not have to risk getting ripped off.

    Intellectual property theft is far more widespread than you might
imagine.  We had a brief thread here recently about publishers stealing
photos from professional photographers and others for use on book covers,
etc.

Chris