Re: [OM] Export LR to Tope2, was: [IMG] Barbed wire

Subject: Re: [OM] Export LR to Tope2, was: [IMG] Barbed wire
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 15:12:25 -0800
On 1/24/2013 2:06 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> My Eye-Fi card does support the transfer of RAW files. I thought I
> actually tested it with my DMC-L1, but I don't use it because it
> doesn't fit in with my workflow or purpose for the unit. I figure that
> if I need to process a RAW file, it's going to be on a computer anyway
> and I'll directly transfer those through a hard-wired transfer in the
> SD slot. It's one of those "why?" questions.

Makes sense to me. All this talk led me to look at them. Without a specific
application/need, I sure can't see paying
such a premium over regular cards.
> I don't know if Apple finally corrected it, but iOS did not support JPEG2000.

Does anything support it? Back when it first came out, and I tried it, most of
the software required licensing fees.
Apparently that was cleared up, but with the specter that someone, somewhere
may have IP rights that will show up if it
becomes a success.

Interesting discussion of why it may have failed here.
<http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledge-center/whatever-happened-to-jpeg2000.html>

High Q. Compression Moose