Re: [OM] [IMG] Barbed wire

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] Barbed wire
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:55:15 -0600
> Is that possible, Ken? It would be simpler and quicker to FTP than use the
> site menus.

Yes, but there are even other methods. The Gallery Remote software is
one option. I've got it disabled at the moment because most people
balk at the idea of loading more software on their computer to support
a shared gallery site. When loading a handful of images at a time, I
would think that the standard site upload facility is more than
adequate. But when uploading hundreds of images, (as I do for
commercial work), the other upload options are more desirable.

The FTP upload works fine, but in my experience, it is the least
friendly. If configured as part of another program, it's a relatively
seamless method once the configuration bugs are worked out. I really
didn't want to get into the technical support of dealing with that, so
I simplified the options.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx