Re: [OM] Classic Retro Lens Hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] Classic Retro Lens Hoods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:45:31 -0800
On 1/26/2013 1:22 PM, Paul Braun wrote:

> There are other similar looking ones out there, but I found a 9 grade used
> one on B&H for $8. It's really new, just
> opened packaging. If you buy little items like that with a big item that
> has free shipping, the little items are free, too.
> I'm a bit fuzzy with all of the discussion - does this one go on directly,
> or do I need the spacer ring?

Do you wear belt, suspenders, or both?

The users manual says nothing but filters on the lens. Is that to keep heavy
things like WA and tele adapters off it?
And/or to let the lens retract completely? How stupid are Panny's lens
designers?

Many users say things are fine after relatively long use without a filter as
spacer. Looking around, I saw no reports of
negative effects.

If you have the skills and tools, a thin spacer that fits over the hood threads
might be ideal. My digital caliper says
the lens is inset 0.43 mm, so 0.5 should be perfect. I'm thinking how I might
do that, and just glue it on the hood.

Keeping Trousers Up Moose