Re: [OM] Java security hole

Subject: Re: [OM] Java security hole
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:59:55 -0600
Chuck,

This is one of my biggest gripes about Java.  I saw this several days ago,
and tried to follow up, but the entire picture is confusing.

If I look at Firefox addons, I find Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.260.3
enabled

I also find Java (TM) Platform SE6 U26   6.0.260.3 disabled, with the note
that it is known to cause security and stability issues.

I did a search for files containing "Java", and identified 309 files, some
dating back to 2003, two years before I bought the computer.

I am totally confused!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA