Re: [OM] Classic Retro Lens Hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] Classic Retro Lens Hoods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:16:34 -0800
On 1/26/2013 12:40 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I'm sure that it will be a good lens, but size, weight, price and looks will
> be important.

If you use this page as a reference to what exists,
<http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/lens_chart.html>

Clicking on any lens brings up the detail reference page at the lens chosen.
<http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/single.html#i_017mm_f018_olympus>

Easy reference to the differences in size, weight, optical design, etc. and
link to the maker page on the lens.

It appears that what we once called Street photography is now, at least in Oly
parlance, is now "Snapshooting"

Aside from confusion, what that means is that this and the 12/2 lens have
returned the focusing and DOF scales to
lenses. Hidden under a pull back focusing ring, to avoid frightening the
masses. :-)

DPR says "The snap-focus mode is engaged by pulling the focus ring on the lens
back, which reveals a distance scale and
engages end-stops on the focus travel, applies firmer damping and switches the
camera to manual focus mode."

The new/retro scales revealed on the 12/2.
<http://www.dpreview.com/products/olympus/lenses/olympus_m_12_2>

Referential Moose