Re: [OM] The best laid plans of mice & men...

Subject: Re: [OM] The best laid plans of mice & men...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 09:05:21 -0500
"GS Yuasa’s Li-ion batteries will play a key role in on-board power,
providing both Auxiliary Power Unit start and emergency power back-up
capabilities."

"GS Yuasa’s Li-ion technology offers some key advantages over the
existing nickel-cadmium solution used in commercial jetliners. With 100%
greater energy storage capacity, lithium-ion offers two times of energy
from the same dimension nickel-cadmium battery. The battery can charge
from 0 to 90% in only 75 minutes and comes with battery management
electronics which guarantees multiple levels of safety features. The
rugged prismatic sealed battery design is capable of withstanding
extreme operating conditions far greater than those normally seen in
commercial aircraft operation and requires absolutely no maintenance."

From:
<http://www.gsyuasa-lp.com/content/thales-selects-gs-yuasa-lithium-ion-battery-system-boeing%E2%80%99s-787-dreamliner>

Chuck Norcutt