Re: [OM] Sandy Thompson can stop the drought

Subject: Re: [OM] Sandy Thompson can stop the drought
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:09:57 -0500
Chuck, I did not own a digital camera at all when I got the 5DmkII, so it
wasn't a matter of "Upgrading". As for my work, I live in a place where
you have to be willing to do just about any kind of photography to make a
living, and even then its hard. I've used mine for product photography,
portraits of businessmen, and photographs of artwork for local artists.

I chose it because I could afford it. Its really that simple. I'm barely
making enough to live; and just couldn't afford a top-line camera like the
Canon 1DsIII or the Nikon D3x. The 5DII had enough resolution without
being terribly expensive. Most of the commercial stuff I do is not printed
large enough to need a 21mp camera, but the art reproduction work often is
going to be printed quite large, so its needed for that. Almost half my
work over the last year has been photographing art.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook