Re: [OM] imgs: from the slow train to Amsterdam

Subject: Re: [OM] imgs: from the slow train to Amsterdam
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:32:57 -0600
Moose,

When you refer to the dark left side that gets wider with speed, are you
referring to the left side of the negative or the print?  The shutter
curtain had been replaced before I bought the IIIa some 60 years ago, and
the right edge of some prints showed the darker color fairly early on, and,
so far as I recall, never really got any better or worse.

I just examined my IIIf to refresh my memory.  Leica shutters travel
horizontally, from left to right as you are holding the camera.  So, it
would seem that my IIIa shutter slit may have been slow to reach full width,
when using the higher speeds.  It was most apparent at 1/500 and 1/1000.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA