Re: [OM] Cyber Combat

Subject: Re: [OM] Cyber Combat
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:55:12 -0500
What Moose said.  Microsoft has no financial interest in fighting
against RealPlayer.  They already got their money from you for Media
Player when you bought the OS.  Personally, I banned RealPlayer from my
XP machines several years ago since I found the software very buggy.  I
have no idea what it's like today but you might want to start here if
you're running XP (XP incompatibility)
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322370> or else search Google with site
set to Microsoft.com or real.com/support along with your search keys.
Make the search version specific if you can.

PS:  It's actually pretty hard to get an application to install on a
different drive.  You have to fiddle with the registry keys to do so or
the application itself must allow it and give you the option of where to
install.  The whole thing sounds rather bizarre to me.  I'd start by
running a full virus scan.  Also run regedit and see where this path
leads.  It's supposed to say where the default installations go.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion] and check
the value of variable ProgramFilesDir

Chuck Norcutt