Re: [OM] IMG: January Surprise

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: January Surprise
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:06:39 -0600
Nicely exposed and the coloring looks great. Framing ain't bad either. :)

Sorry to the Moose for launching into a mini rant-like note on the
image characteristics, but...

I so love the coloring, contrast and texture of the image. ISO 200
with the E-1 seems to give such a wonderful texture to the image. Some
may call it 'noise', but I call it 'character'. It really is
'film-like' and provides... wait for it... ...an... ...organic look to
the image. There is nothing plastic about this picture.

The E-1 lacks resolution and high-ISO hygiene, but it more than makes
up for it in how it renders colors in the natural world. I'm still
amazed at the images I got from Isle Royale where the colors and
contrasts just work. The blues are right, the yellows right, the reds
right, the shadows right. Everything is just right and the images draw
you in without the look of "processed".

Honestly, I think the E-1 is better at ISO 200 than ISO 100 as the
increased 'noise' masks the fuzziness and implies sharpness.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx