Re: [OM] (OM) OT Nature Photo Blog

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Nature Photo Blog
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:38:26 -0500
I've been puzzling over how this shot was done
<http://www.naturephotoblog.com/index.php?showimage=324>
It's clearly a very long night exposure in order to show a blue sky and
significant color in many of the stars.  But despite the lengthy
exposure there are no star trails.  That means the exposure was guided
on an equatorial mount.  But the would be contra-indicated by the fact
that the rocks do not display any motion blurring.  The rocks are
clearly lit by flash but I believe the sky exposure was so long as to
leave ghost images of the stationery rocks.  But not ghosts are seen.

Conclusion.  Photoshop of two images.

Chuck Norcutt