Re: [OM] (OM) OT Nature Photo Blog

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Nature Photo Blog
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:41:40 +0000
On 30 January 2013 00:38, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I've been puzzling over how this shot was done
> <http://www.naturephotoblog.com/index.php?showimage=324>
> It's clearly a very long night exposure in order to show a blue sky and
> significant color in many of the stars.  But despite the lengthy
> exposure there are no star trails.  That means the exposure was guided
> on an equatorial mount.  But the would be contra-indicated by the fact
> that the rocks do not display any motion blurring.  The rocks are
> clearly lit by flash but I believe the sky exposure was so long as to
> leave ghost images of the stationery rocks.  But not ghosts are seen.
>
> Conclusion.  Photoshop of two images.

I'm not quite convinced - looking at the horizon on the right of the
picture, I think I can see a few stars superimposed over the ground, and
likewise at the top edge of the right rock.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer