Re: [OM] Noisy spaces

Subject: Re: [OM] Noisy spaces
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:51:46 +1300
Andrew wrote
> Prolly never gave it  a thort. I knew of one school where the admin with
> the best will in the world painted the staff room in a nice dusky pink,
> put in some nice furniture and told staff that it was for social use only,
> to relax and chat. It was supposed to be a destressing environment for
> harrassed teachers. No-one ever went in there because if you did you were,
> by definition, slacking. Or not coping. Negative lateral thinking. Andrew
> Fildes afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx www.soultheft.com Author/Publisher: The SLR
> Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813

For a while when my son was at the up-market school he won a 4-year
scholarship to, I worked for 8 months for their old-boys' association (alumni)
tracking down missing alumni. Supersleuth I was !!

As one of the 'in' crowd I was given a preview of a large and expensive (by
their standards) new teaching block. Very nice. I walked in to the computer-
dedicated computer room, to see that EVERY computer monitor had its
screen facing the window wall of the room, Thus, every monitor would be
acting like a mirror to the outside world, and practically impossible to use.
of
course they had to shut out the daylight, using curtains.

The designers had been told of this in advance, apparently, but chose to
ignore the advice ...

Pun crosses my mind ... it was glaringly obvious :-)

Brian Swale