Re: [OM] OT now Apple vs Windoze

Subject: Re: [OM] OT now Apple vs Windoze
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:07:06 +0000 (GMT)
OK all.
           Decision made. I opened the back of my Dell studio lap top. To my
surprise I found that there is a hole inside labelled "HDD2" This makes life a
LOT easier.
A caddy kit is available from Amazon UK. So I will put a 250 GB SSD into this
drive bay, and use the existing hard drive as extra storage. After I have
transferred across data I wish to keep I will re-format it. Windows 7
professional 64 bit will be the operating system. Total cost will be in the
£250 / $375 region. Not cheap but cheaper than buying a new laptop especially
as this has had VERY little use and I can get a 3yr guarantee on the SSD.
I am assuming that my present software will be compatible with a 64 bit
operating system?

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK