Re: [OM] Avalanche Lake

Subject: Re: [OM] Avalanche Lake
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:48:02 -0600
> Nice shot, but where's the water?
> I thought it looked like this.
> <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=1861>
> I like the next one you are about to post, Rocky Mountain Sky, too.

Thanks, Moose.

No water in the shot because with the way the clouds were rolling over
the peak, the main action was up above, not below. I've got a slew of
pictures of down below that look a lot like your shot, but they have
the "yup, it's a mountain lake photo" look about them. Great,
fantastic and all that, but nothing standout. There are divits worn in
the rocks from where every other photographer placed his tripod
getting the same shots.

I've got a couple other tight telephoto shots from there that have
done pretty well through the years in stock image sales.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx