Re: [OM] IMG: January Surprise

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: January Surprise
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:45:39 -0800
> It's the Democratic Fallacy - just because most people think it's good, that
> doesn't make it good.
> Amazing how many people don't understand that.
...and
> The fallacy is to do purely with the illogic of the claim that popularity is
> the sole arbiter.

> Oh, My!
>
> Gotta disagree.
Me too!

In a democracy popularity was intentionally and logically chosen as the
arbiter. Mainly for lack of a better option since enlightened monarchs
are few and far between.

Moreover, in the US our Founding Fathers had the good sense
(roll-eyes.gif)  to protect us from the fickle hoi polloi with the
institution of an Electoral College consisting mostly of Reasonable Old
White Guys. Therefore if We The People were so illogical as to elect
someone like Sarah Palin they could step in and correct our bad judgement.

History according to Mike