[OM] "New" M.Zuiko 75-300

Subject: [OM] "New" M.Zuiko 75-300
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 00:43:00 -0800
Oly's cosmetic redesign of the M.Z zoom lenses, from film Pen style to the
12-50 style, proceeds apace.

The 14-42 II R, 40-150 R, and now the 75-300 II.
<http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/telephoto.html#i_075-300mm_f048-067_olympus>

What will be next, the 9-18 or the 14-150? Oh, the suspense!

It seems that the 'R' designation means a cosmetic change, while 'II' means a
lens change. So, the 14-42 was optically
and mechanically redesigned to a 'II', then cosmetically redesigned to become a
'II R'.

It seems the only changes to the 75-300 are new coatings, and a new, lower
price. So very kind of Oly to send me an
email touting the new 75-300, now "$350 less than" the one I bought.
Fortunately, it's the same price I actually paid. :-)

Never having been a "Pen" person, I rather like the new look, but not enough to
consider replacing lenses for style.

Vaguely Informative Moose