Re: [OM] Defining Olympus Colors

Subject: Re: [OM] Defining Olympus Colors
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 15:05:07 -0600
> Not bad at all for an old, tired, ancient, obsolete camera...

But at least it isn't as "obscure" as the DMC-L1.

> When the initial "new girlfriend excitement" of the E-M5 settles into "old
> married guy"  status, I'll have to dance with the E-1 from time to time
> just to keep her happy.

This exercise of going through old images is rather fascinating. I've
discovered a trend that I'm not at all happy about:

Months 1-6: Learning the camera. An occasional great shot, but most of
them are of various levels of suckiness.
Months 7-24: Awesome shots. The camera and photographer are one.
Months 25-48: Camera is obsolete. An occasional great shot, but most
of them are of various levels of suckiness.
Months 49-xx: Does this camera even work anymore? All shots suck.

What changed? At month 25, did the camera change? No. The photographer
changed. I know that THIS photographer has let the camera down.

The latest/greatest (in this case, the E-M5) has greatly improved
resolution, high-ISO performance and a myriad of other significant
photographer-aids, but the old gray mare is still capable of
world-class images when the photographer is up to it

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx