Re: [OM] IMG: The Examination

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Examination
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:15:02 -0600
On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, Paul.  I started out by volunteering to go on a mission trip in
> 1980.  I took my camera so I could take some photos to use to advertise the
> mission work in my church.  Anybody can do the same!
>
> Tina

I suppose, to a degree.  But it takes a certain type of personality and
confidence to get people to be that comfortable and relaxed around you.  I
think I'm too shy to be effective.  I did take some photos last night at
the theatre - we are producing the world premiere of a new play, and last
night was opening night.  Playwright was there as well.  But for the most
part, these are people that I've known for 20 or 30 years.

And you're way too modest - there is a lot of innate ability and "gift"
involved in taking photos like you do.  I can drive to Yosemite, set up a
view camera in the exact same spot as Adams, and I guarantee you that
you're not going to see my results in a museum.
--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard