Re: [OM] The Seamy Underbelly [and still HDR question]

Subject: Re: [OM] The Seamy Underbelly [and still HDR question]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 17:40:47 -0500
Understandable. It's a whole new way of looking at things, and sometimes a not
very pleasant one. I'm still playing with it, and coming to enjoy some aspects
of HDR. I think Tina's got a good handle on it, based on her stuff from Italy.
The aspect I've been playing with lately is tone mapping a single image through
NIK's HDR Pro, and then converting the resulting file to black and white.
Brings on some interesting results, not always apparent as to the tone-mapping
involvement.

And to answer Chuck's question, my understanding is that you merge to HDR
first, then make adjustments in the HDR software, _then_ open the resulting
TIFF in Camera Raw or Lightroom and adjust a bit more. If you want to, you can
then take it to Photoshop and fiddle a bit more. Possible to get some fairly
realistic images this way.

--Bob