[OM] The Seamy Underbelly [and still HDR question]

Subject: [OM] The Seamy Underbelly [and still HDR question]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 22:49:33 -0500 (EST)
One Horse Moose writes:
>This may sound complicated, but it becomes quite natural and quick,
and avoids
>the impossible, fixing messed up midtones.

Thanks for the tutorial.  I filed it and gave it a trial run.  The only
way I remember to import images as layers is from bridge.  I fussed
with the 2 raw files in ACR first so there were new side car files and
synchronized them except for exposure so the aberration corrections
were identical (corners are indeed better with dialed back correction)
.  Selected both raw files again  in bridge and opened as layers in
PS--assumed PS used ACR and the sidecar files to open them.  As they
were hand held, selected both layers and used auto-align except no
aberration or vignetting correction as that should have been done.
After that the pixel editing tools were all dimmed--come to think of it
now perhaps I should have deselected the layers, I suppose as PS didn't
know what I wanted to work on.  I can see the masking part may take a
few practice runs.  There may be an easier way but I can see once the
procedure is done a few times it won't be as much work.  I'm not there
yet.

Horsing around,  Mike