[OM] The Boys of Winter - 4 more photos.

Subject: [OM] The Boys of Winter - 4 more photos.
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 08:40:37 -0800
G'Mornin' again!

Many of you have heard me grump about my experience with a borrowed E-M5,as
compared with my E3.

I know that many of you are very pleased with your E-M5s.   For most styles of
photography,  it is an excellent camera, with superb high ISO performance.

But for me?  Well, I think I'll wait for the coming "pro" model, this fall.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd post a couple of illustrative pages.

My big beef is with the follow-focus or tracking mode in the E-M5.  So, here
are two shots... the first shows a crash, caught with the E3. The second shows
a crash caught with the E-M5.   As you can see, although both cameras were in
tracking mode, the E-M5 would not lock up focus until the crash was nearly
over.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Stake_2011-13.html

The second set simply illustrates the abilities of the E3 to focus through snow
(it doesn't always work) and to track the moving bikes. The tracking focus mode
in the E3 worked particularly well tracking the bikes in the second, or "swishy
pan" shot, until the moment was just right.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Stake_2011-12.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David..